Use this website to quickly find the most important information about Geneva Airport: Flights (Departures, Arrivals), Parking, Car Rentals, Hotels near the airport and other information about Geneva airport. Plan your travel to Geneva Airport with the information provided in this site.
Geneva Airport (IATA: GVA, ICAO: LSGG) is the main airport serving Geneva, the second largest city in Switzerland. The airport is the second busiest airport in Switzerland and it is located 4 km northwest of the city centre, in the border with french border.
The airport serves as a hub for Swiss International Air Lines, easyJet Switzerland and Etihad Regional. Being Swiss International and easyJet the two companies with more destinations available.
Geneva Airport has two terminals, T1 and T2.
- Terminal (T1): It is the main terminal and is divided in 5 piers (A, B, C, D, F).
It consists in five levels:
- Arrivals Level
- Check-in Level
- Departures Level
The top two levels are used for restaurants & lounges and terrace viewing.
- Terminal (T2): It is only used in winter time by charter flights. There are not many facilities in this terminal.
On June 2016 Geneva Airport announced the start upgrading the main check in hall in Terminal 1 and it also planned to built the new long-haul pier Aile Est.
- 1 runway (3,900m, the largest in Switzerland)
- 15,69 million passengers in 2015, with 147,558 aircraft movements
- 2 Terminals
- More than 10 restaurants and 15 bar/snacks
- More than 60 airlines with more than 100 destinations worldwide.
- Only 4 kilometres to city centre
Services at Geneva Airport include, among others:
- Bank, ATMs and Currency Exchange
- Wellness Centre
- Dry Cleaning
- Free WiFi
- Conference Rooms
- Shops, Restaurants, Bars,
- Lounges and VIP services
The airport is only 4 km from Geneva city centre, and is easily reachable by train or bus. Is one of the best communicated airports in Europe. Furthermore, the arriving passengers can pick up a free ticket for public transport in the baggage claim area. (It lasts 80 minutes).
There are mainly two options:
- Train: There is a railway station in the airport with direct access to check-in and arrivals level. It takes only 6 minutes to reach the city centre.
- Buses: There are various lines that stops in the airport.
Taxis, Car Rentals or shuttle are available as well. There is also transportation to go to France.
Address:Route de l'Aéroport 21, 1215 Le Grand-Saconnex, Switzerland
Telephone: +41 22 717 71 11
Inside or outside the airport (public area):
- Police: tel. +4122 427 57 90 (from 07:00 to 19:00h).
- Cantonal Lost Property Service: Phone: +41 22 546 09 00 (from 07:30h to 12:00h - 13:00h to 16:00h from Monday to Friday).